Liability Release Terms
In consideration of and as an inducement to my enrollment and payment of fees to become a student of Taylor Sarreen, I represent and agree as follows:
(1) I (hereinafter “I” or “applicant”) have been examined by a licensed Physician within the past six months and have been found by such physician to be in good health and full able to perform all Yoga exercises which I am to learn and perform during my enrollment with Taylor Sarreen.
(2) The use of the facilities naturally involves the risk of injury to me and/or my guest(s), whether I or someone/ something else causes it. As such, I understand and voluntarily accept this risk. I agree that Taylor Sarreen, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and contractors will not be liable for any injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal, bodily or mental injury, economic loss, or any damage to me resulting from the negligence of Taylor Sarreen, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and contractors, or anyone using the facilities. I waive any claims arising from my use of Taylor Sarreen’s services and facilities whatsoever or from mere presence on the premises of Taylor Sarreen’s service.
(3) I understand and agree that I will receive instruction in Yoga theory and exercise only and that I hold harmless Taylor Sarreen, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and contractors for any damage to or theft of personal property on or away from Taylor Sarreen’s premises, or personal injury, including but not limited to bodily injury, disease, disability, death, humiliation, or consequential loss of any kind arising out of my participation in any Taylor Sarreen event or activity.
(4) In the event that I am pregnant, I will not attend a yoga class until I have discussed the potential risks to me or my unborn child / fetus with my obstetrician. I agree that I will follow my obstetrician’s recommendations and on behalf of myself, my heirs, spouse or other interested party hold harmless Taylor Sarreen for any possible injury to myself or my unborn child / fetus.
(5) If I am under 18 years of age, I will disclose my age to Taylor Sarreen and provide my signature and the signature of my parent or legal custodian or guardian at the studio prior to taking class.
(6) Registration fees and Tuition for classes paid hereafter are non refundable.
(7) Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Student Application and Hold Harmless Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
(8) Any provision not in conformity with the law of any state or governing body having jurisdiction is hereby severed from this contract and the remaining provisions remain enforceable.